Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Thing 11 news feeds
People could spend hours looking through all the blogs and news feeds that are out there. I tried to stick to the educational blogs for the time being. The method that I thought was really easy to find good blogs was edublogs' award winners. This site had many blogs related to the educational setting. I thought that Syndic8.com search was a little confusing, I think because there was so much to pick from when you first open the site. Some useful things that I found included a writing blog and ways to use technology in the classroom. Some of the unusual ones I found was mainly on Topix. Mostly because I think of it more as a gossip site than anything else.... maybe I just had a hard time getting that concept out of my head. Some other ways I tries to find blogs and news feeds was by going to Google. All I did was type in some key words and it pulled up plenty of interesting sites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your right about the news feeds. This technique saves so much time. Now you can get all the news you like to follow coming to you instead of searching for it. I think its great for current events in the classroom.
ReplyDelete