Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thing 12 Google

Oh the many things Google has to offer!!! I enjoyed playing around with Google today, I spent a lot of time doing this. I set up a weekly calendar, that mostly only contains school and work.... I wonder whats wrong with that on summer break. Also, i set up a few simple alerts, covering Apple, and a few news sites. I set them up as a weekly alert, I did not want my email covered up with alerts, however I did see where i could set it up with RSS... maybe I should do that. I also set up an iGoogle page. That took some time, mainly looking through backgrounds and then all the headlines that were offered throughout the page.

These sites could be useful in the classroom for many things. There could be a class calendar set up to show and remind students of assignments and important events that may be coming up. Alerts could be created to spend out emails to students to remind them of things and to keep up with news.The same concepts could go for every teacher as well... it never hurts to be well organized, planned out, and reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment