I have had a Facebook page for a few years now, I just recently got a Twitter account for this class. I have to say I am not a big fan of Twitter just yet. Maybe it is because i am so used to Facebook. I thought setting up a Twitter account was easy and simple enough to do, and it could have potential benefits. some of the things i did not like about twitter is that most people do not go by their real name, they make one up and it is harder to find and follower them. i like Facebook better and think it is more useful, you can do more with it and communicate more ways with other people.
Teachers need to be aware of social networking for many reasons. They can set up an account and a class page/group to send messages or tweets to the class about up coming events and grades that are due in the class. classmates could communicate about projects that are due in the class as well. I think this will only work for older students, but for the younger students the pages could be set up for the parents of the students to communicate with one another about the up coming events and projects that may be due in the class.
some schools now already have a Facebook page and a Twitter account, they post whats been going on at school and important dates, i believe in the future these sites will be used a lot more in class and in the classroom.
https://twitter.com/#!/KristinEdwards2
This is my Twitter page.
No comments:
Post a Comment