Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thing 13 Applications

I thought that Zoho was a good site. It is a lot like Microsoft word, but free, and that is a great feature for students and teachers. There were a few things that I did not see on Zoho that I did on Microsoft word ( I had Microsoft word pulled up and i was comparing the two). I noticed that in order to get spell check, you would have to go up in the review tab and click on spelling, it does not check it automatically. since i am a trouble speller, i was a little disappointed with that. Also, i noticed there were not as many fonts to choose from. However, i did like that there was a tab to upload your document right to a website or blog. I thought that Google docs was  similar to Zoho, documents, presentations, drawings, and spread sheets can be made in Google Docs. Students could use this for free, instead of the Microsoft works that cost lots of money. I think i would use the Google Docs in my classroom because I believe that more could be used by the students than in Zoho.

No comments:

Post a Comment